Sunday, February 3, 2008

Divine Intervention

Working in a call center has it's ups and downs, and one of the downside includes the strict attendance policy.

In our call center, the attendance cieling is 5.5 days for probationary employees. But being a "pasaway" employee myself, I am already bordering on the threshhold. 5.5 days na rin ang absences ko. Isa na lang and bye! bye!

Our adventure in Fisherman's Farmer almost put an end to my career. Pano ba naman, pag naabsent pa ako terminated na.

Imagine my feeling when I woke up almost 4am kanina. Sa Dasma pa kami mangggaling and on top of that, it's a Monday. sa mga taga Cavite, you know how bad the traffic becomes in Bacoor is. I was just about to give up. Palno ko iabsent na lang talaga and accept the fact that maybe my current call center is just not for me. Buti na lang Bato was with me, pinipilit niya ako na pumasok, to the point na nilakad namin galing sa resort papuntang highway.

On the way, naiimagine ko na ang eksena sa dating show ni zsa Zsa Padilla. Yung Born Diva ba yun? Every elination week, the eliminated contestant gets to sing her final song which is "Thanks to you."

Sinimulan ko ng kantahin ang "Thanks to you." Sinimulan ko na ring planuhin ang gagwin ko the next day. I'll rest muna then start hunting for job the week after.

But, what do you know. Somebody must have a different plan for me. bato and me made it to Manila ng 5:30. More importantly, we made it to work with just 20 minutes late. At least late lang, hindi absent.

I stopped believing in Divine Intervention a long time ago, but with what happened earlier, I should say na indeed, meron talagang Divine Intervention. Siguro, meron pa talaga siyang plano for me sa company...maybe...just maybe...there is still hope for me na maabot ang mga plans ko.

Thank God for small miracles!

No comments: